Frontier Therapy Center of Longmont is a 21-bed, in-patient therapy center specializing in the needs of adults. Our unique environment offers the answers you need so you can leave the facility with true peace of mind.
We provide a transitional apartment and kitchenette to our patients to give them the opportunity to function on their own or with the level of help they will receive once they return home. During a patient’s stay at this transitional apartment, the therapy team and the patient can identify any areas of function that need to be addressed before the patient is discharged.
Our primary goal is to help patients optimize functional ability and maintain independence. We encourage open communication among staff, therapists, families and patients. Upon admission, goals are identified so a treatment plan can be developed. Scheduled family conferences are also available.
What People Are Saying
The love and personal touch you share with the residents made our descion. We appreciatate your adminstrative staff for their assistance. You all meet the challenge above and beyond.
The best recoveries are aided by the best facilities.
Our industry-leading facility has the region’s most advanced equipment to help speed the healing process.
• Wound Care, Medication Management, Family Care Conferences
• Progressive assistance with Acitivities of Daily Living (ADL”s) to help with everyday tasks such as feeding, dressing, toileting, grooming, transferring and mobilizing.
• Total gym with an electronic treadmill, pulley weights, free weights and electronic upper and lower extremity cycles
• Omnicycle™ system to help those with physical limitations exercise their upper and lower extremities
• Standing frame to provide alternative positioning to patients in wheelchairs
• High-low parallel bars to aid in stability for walking exercises
• Adjustable mat tables for safer and more comfortable execution of exercise and stretches usually done on the floor
• Ultrasound and electrical stimulation and diathermy modalities to strengthen muscles, improve circulation and speed healing
• Whirlpool, and moist heat packs to ease pain and assist with flexibility
• Nintendo® Wii™ and Wii Fit™
• Specialized nursing care
We care from a unique point of view – the patient’s
Just because you are working to get well doesn’t mean you have to feel like you are in a hospital. Our in-patient therapy center offers all the comforts of home because we understand that even the little things can speed recovery. All our amenities are automatically included and are covered under your Medicare or private insurance plan.*
• Private rooms
• Electric beds
• Remote-control T.V. with free cable
• Daily newspaper
• Private telephone line
• Room service menus
• 24-hour skilled nursing care
• Medication management
• Medical appointment scheduling assistance
• Full snack menu available throughout the day
• Full service salon
• Housekeeping services
• Daily activity planning and life-enhancement programs
• Assistance with bathing, grooming and other personal services
• Transportation arrangement
• Laundry services
• Discharge planning
*We accept most health insurance plans and Medicare. Please check with your health insurance provider for specific details regarding your coverage
A professional approach to healing
Our team of dedicated professionals works one-on-one with patients to help retain the body to perform at optimum levels. We don’t just want to restore function; we want to restore maximum function. Our therapies, coupled with physical agent modalities that decrease pain and swelling and improve circulation, help speed
the recovery process and help you get back on track – fast!
Physical therapy is used to improve movement in cases where mobility and function are at risk from age, injury or disease. Our program includes:
• Balance and mobility training
• Fall risk management
• Wound care
• Stroke recovery
• Joint replacement rehabilitation
• Relief from Peripheral Neuropathy (painful, burning feet) and/or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Prosthesis fitting and training
• Musculoskeletal injury treatment and prevention
• Treatment of urinary incontinence
• Return-to-home evaluation
Restorative therapy is considered medically necessary to restore or improve function. Recreational therapy is the treatment, education and provision of adapted recreational opportunities. These are designed to help improve and maintain physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning; prevent secondary health conditions; enhance independent living skills; and improve quality of life.
Frontier’s Respiratory Therapy program provides assessment and treatment of a wide range of respiratory conditions such as Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Tracheotomies. Patients receive support from a licensed respiratory therapist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therapists also educate patients and their families about their diagnosis and continued treatment following discharge from Frontier Therapy Center of Longmont.
Occupational therapy utilizes physical agent
modalities and therapeutic exercise to treat or
rehabilitate the physically or cognitively disabled.
We also provide:
• Home and community integration
• Caregiver training
• Training for activities of daily living (ADL)
• Upper extremity splinting and rehabilitation
• Trigger point therapy
• Orthopedic injury & prevention therapy
Speech and Language Therapy
Speech and language therapy is the treatment for
patients suffering with difficulty communicating
or swallowing. Patients may receive:
• Swallowing evaluations and retraining
• Language and communication improvements
• Aural rehabilitation and hearing aid training
• Cognitive evaluations
Longmont, Colorado is a warm and inviting place to live and visit
During your recovery, there are endless events and entertainment to avail yourself of. Frontier Therapy Center is more than a therapy center, we are part of the community!